]]>

Wayfaring Stranger

And Jesus wept ...

Hello again, Today I feel compelled to post about a 20/20 show I just watched. The show was about "transgender" children. I was moved enough to go to the abc news site and enter a comment.

This subject is obviously a "lightening rod" for religious comments. Unfortunately there were a lot of "bullhorn guys" leaving comments. What did I think? Stay tuned for my ABCNEWS post. But for you, my readers, I will expand. The scientific part of my brain thinks of DNA and (for the boy transgender) I see the dominant moms in the show. I also see the dominant fathers for the transgender girls. But what I (scientifically) think doesn't matter. See my ABCNEWS post now ....


I am a born again Christian AND IF you are still reading you expect a lot of hate coming, but NOT SO! These are beautiful children and this story made me want to cry. (Actually I did, but as a man I can't admit that in public ;-)

PLEASE EXCUSE any other "religious" negative posts you will see. God loves these children MORE than their parents do. God bless the parents who continue to love these children and be involved in their lives.

God DOES NOT WANT these children to be depressed or attempt suicide or use illegal drugs. I, unfortunately, do not know why this happens but I DO know that God loves them and wants them to love Him and themselves.

Why do Christians (I am one, so I can say this) need to condemn at the drop of a hat? Jesus was ready to LOVE at the drop of a hat. THAT is the message of the Bible, not hate, not condemnation, not "you're a freek".

Note to the "bullhorn guy", take your message of doom elsewhere. These families do NOT need it. Note to those Christians who "get the message of the Bible", please love on these families and offer the same Grace that you received.


Afterthought: there were "bullhorn guys" in the ABC blogs. There were replies that showed more Biblical insight by the transgender community than by the bullhorn community. Christians were complacent for long enough to let abortion, removal of prayer in school, removal of the 10 commandments, etc... to pass into law. But MUST WE SHOOT abortion doctors and innocent kids? I am not saying that "all paths lead to God", but I AM saying that we MUST demonstrate Jesus in our everyday walk. We are the savor of "life unto life" and not "death unto death".

One last thing, a song lyric that comes to mind:

Rescue the perishing, care for the dying,
Jesus is merciful, Jesus will save.

5 Responses to “And Jesus wept ...”:

  1. Thanks for reading my post and comments that follow ...
  2. Those "bullhorn guys" aren't Christ like. Can you imagine Jesus posting crap like that?

    As far as the "scientific part of your brain" I have an automatic reaction... that isn't a scientific part of your brain. Scientific method is a process for evaluating knowledge based on observation or experiment.

    One of the most respected scientists  in the field of gender dysphoria is Harry Benjamin. He  said: "Our genetic and endocrine equipment constitutes either an unresponsive, sterile, or a more or less responsive, that is to say, fertile soil on which the wrong conditioning and a psychic trauma can grow and develop into such a basic conflict that subsequently a deviation like transsexualism can result.

        To express it differently, our organic sexual constitution, that is to say, the chromosomal sex, supported and maintained by the endocrine, form the substance and the material that make up our sexuality. Psychological conditioning in early life would determine its final shape and individual function. The substance is largely inaccessible to treatment. The function alone would be the domain of psychotherapy."


    I would hazard a guess that your world view on gender dysphoria won't let you blame the child, so the next logical place to lay blame is the parent.

    As far as Christ's love, you're 100 percent correct. Unfortunately too many people use Christianity to mask their bigotry and hatred instead of mirroring Christ's love. Christ's anger in the Bible was NEVER directed at the hurting, but at the proud and arrogant.

    Most self professed Christians don't actually live the scripture they hurl at other people. It is a weapon of death and hatred that they rain down on the condemned. Someone yelling "Sodomite" might as well be yelling "you unworthy piece of shit, I wipe you from my shoe."

    Paul told the Corinthians: "5:9I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

    12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you.

    It's amazing to me that people who profess to love Christ can turn around and be offended by the Employment Non-Discrimination Act and Hate Crimes Act.

    Were is the Christ, without love and compassion?

     

  3. It was a beuatiful and touching piece. I am so grateful to Barbara Walters for presenting this with such empathy.

    Children that don't get addressed young enough live their lives in shame and hiding, robbing the world of wonderful people. I am married to one such wonderful person, and undoing the ravages of testosterone and years of pain is so much harder to deal with.

     

  4. Hi. I don't have any personal experience with the transgender issues, but I have a great interest in defending hurting and helpless people against the Pharisees who will surely occupy a place in hell before a child or family like these do. But beyond their hatred, there is also the issue of whether or not they are correct in their assumptions. Some people may go into a "hate the sin, love the sinner" mode here. I am also a Christian, and have learned that what you see here and what you see in many other circumstances has nothing to do with Freud and everything to do with biology.

    A psyhoanalytic worldveiw has done more to poison the minds of our current culture than almost anything. It's Biology-and that's all it is. It's noone's fault. That goes for almost any and every condition you can imagine.

    Interesting how God gives us so many things like this, that we have no control over, to learn to be more loving, more patient, more kind, and more humble.

     

  5. I received ~3 comments on the 20/20 blog and ~3 comments here. Most were positive and I appreciate that! Lucky me the "bullhorn guys" didn't descend on me ;-)

    @marti, you said "Christ's anger in the Bible was NEVER directed at the hurting, but at the proud and arrogant." I ALMOST posted the EXACT same thing!

    If you read the Bible and see who Jesus condemns, it was ALWAYS the religious elite. Not the common person! Jesus' most passionate reprimands were for the "white washed tombs" and "the brood of vipers"; i.e. the Pharisees and Sadusees. I am taking a risky step here, but in our day Jesus would be reprimanding the "bullhorn guy".

    @annie, I am happy for your love. I just hope that you have not been turned off of Jesus and His message of love and peace. I know of what I write. I DO know that I am not perfect (I guess that separates me from the "bullhorn guy"); but I do know Grace. I.e. I know that I am getting what I do not deserve. And I know Mercy, i.e. I am NOT getting what I DO deserve.

    @Anonymous, you summed up very concisely what I wanted to say. Instead of debating over the cause/effect, it is imperative that we love these precious children, parents, and families. Forget what we know and act out what we have been commanded. Let God sort out the details. By this you shall be known as my disciples ... They shall know you by your Love.

    After saying that, if you want to know anything more about me or about Jesus or about Love, just leave me a comment and I will tell you EVERYTHING I know about my experiences about my Love and about my God.

    Peace be with you ...

     

  6. Thank you for being Christ like in your understanding. It is people like you that renew my faith.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home