]]>

Wayfaring Stranger

Cold Snap

We had a blue northern storm thru here this weekend. There were a couple of days that didn't even get into the '90s! In Texas! In July!! Wow. Feels great. We have had 1 or 2 100 deg days, but a good summer so far.

I updated the "world" on my gentoo box at work (see gentoo.org). Well everything went pretty smoothly, but I have been having ugly font problems in my browser (opera). And it seems to only effect opera. Gonna hav'ta find out what it going on. My work PC is setup identically to my home PC, same video card and all. But opera looks great at home. Grrr.... Fonts in xwindows is just about the *only* thing I don't like about un?x.

Gotta go,

1 Responses to “Cold Snap”:

  1. Thanks for reading my post and comments that follow ...
  2. Got opera looking good. I wrote down my font settings from home and copied them at work. I /may/ have even found the cause. opera uses the qt graphics library and there was a qt config directory left on my work pc. Since I reworked my home pc from scratch, there wasnt anything like that at home. Not sure that _really_ was the culprit but it works and i dont care.

    Its just good to have a functional system again! Now to get some real work done ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home