]]>

Wayfaring Stranger

I'm off to Russia again!

I just sent out my Russia support letter, you can see it online. The remainder of this post is the text from that letter, if you want to see the pretty pictures you'll need to click the link:).

Dear Friends and Family,

Northwest Bible Church is once again partnering with Darin McFarland and Compass by teaching the English class “Talk the Talk” in Ekaterinburg, Russia. I told several of you that I had a desire to go on our India trip this year, but I feel that God is calling me back to Russia. He isn’t through with me there, and I am happy to go back and be a part of what He is doing there! We will be leaving on October 3rd and returning on the 19th.

I want to tell you a little more about Compass in Ekaterinburg and why I have been going back each year. The follow-up after we leave is awesome! The Compass team sets up Bible studies, sporting events, social events, they celebrate holidays, etc… They have multiple contacts with each student every week! And they do this year after year with the existing students and the additional ones Talk the Talk bring in. Here is an email from a student that describes his experience (this was written to Darin):

“Praise the Lord for everything He is doing there. And for everything you all do. Actually I've been meaning to tell you you this for quite some time - I'm so very grateful that because of your ministry I became a believer. I know God used you to reach out to me, and I am so glad that He did. Thank you for not giving up on me through my many months of doubts and resistance. Life with the Lord is something absolutely amazing, and I don't know how long I would have been going in the darkness if it hasn't been for your ministry. Well, I guess that's it.. I'm doing OK. God has been kind and good to me - I feel rather safe and secure (more or less), and very peaceful too.. Love you with all my heart and miss you a lot. In Christ, Alexey”

Here are some of the students (photo is in the pdf link) you have helped us reach. Not every single one of these believers and seekers came to Compass by Talk the Talk, but most of them did. And some came because they were invited by the English students. So I thank you very much for your support, and I ask you to support me again this year. I need to raise 3,500 dollars to go on the trip. Our team also needs your prayers very much. Please pray for our preparations, that we would be kind and loving to our students, that God’s love will shine, and that our faith would be stretched!

If you decide to support me financially, just leave a comment to this post and I will give you the details (the details are also in the pdf).

Thank you and God bless.

0 Responses to “I'm off to Russia again!”:

  1. Thanks for reading my post and comments that follow ...

Post a Comment

<< Home