]]>

Wayfaring Stranger

Web Page Analyzer

This is an interesting site to run your blog thru. My blog only fares well on this test, but I suspect that some of the limits they chose favors buying their book. And assumptions such as all CSS files must be loaded before the page starts to render is inaccurate. And table-less layouts begin rendering much earlier than table based layouts, which really cant be measured. And being a blogger site mandates certain CSS/image inclusions, which also changes the outcome.

Regardless of the above, this site is now in my bookmark list and I will be running my sites thru the free analyzer.

Web Page Analyzer - Free web page analysis tool calculates page size, composition, and download time. Gives speed recommendations based on best practices for usability, HCI, and website optimization.

1 Responses to “Web Page Analyzer”:

  1. Thanks for reading my post and comments that follow ...
  2. Oh yeah, since their analyzer isnt a full layout engine, they report images included via CSS that may not be downloaded at all. The tags which trigger the CSS images may not exist or may be hidden. But like I said, this is still a very useful site in analyzing your webpages/blogs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home