]]>

Wayfaring Stranger

We made it ok!!!

Zdrastvooyte America! We finally made it in on Sunday @ 2AM! We had about 14 1/2 hours in the air and about 6 hours in layovers for a total of 20 1/2 hours! Some are jet lagged more than others, but we are all doing well. God has already answered a lot of prayers and I am sure He has a lot more planned before these 2 weeks are over.

The first day, Sunday, the weather was in the high 70s ... boy I didn't pack for weather like that! I was afraid I'd be hot all week. Only packed long sleeves and sweaters. But today and the rest of the time is only supposed to be in the 50s and low 60s, now that's the Russia I remember. No snow this time, too bad.

On Saturday during the student testing for the classes, Darin had several Orthodox priest show up and make a big scene. They handed out leaflets that said they (Darin) was a sect / cult. Once Darin got them settled down and explained who they were (Kompas) and that he personally was Baptist affiliated; the head priest said "Oh, we like Baptist" and left. But the damage may already have been done since there were ~ 20 students present.

  1. For peace as our new team members meet their English class for the FIRST time!
  2. As always, for health and beating jet lag
  3. That the students who saw the "show" on Saturday will show up and give the classes and the message a fair chance
  4. And most importantly, that we will be able to make relationships with our students and that they will smell the aroma of Christ ( and not Dallas :-D )

1 Responses to “We made it ok!!!”:

  1. Thanks for reading my post and comments that follow ...
  2. Maybe you will get this before you return. Glad you made it safe. I hope that you will still be able to plant seeds. Maybe the students who were there last year can help explain things (if they are around)...but
    I will pray nonetheless. Have a good 2 weeks and a safe return. While I have you, I would like to ask you a work question....GOTCHA!!! BTW, I liked the Comrade Rodney bit! c-ya!

    --
    Terry Stack

     

Post a Comment

<< Home